Thursday, January 19, 2012

Life in the Sandbox 04 March 2004

Hey all my peeps,
  More of the same.  Life stands still.  We are still in Kuwait.  Our lack of qualifications has delayed our departure for the "promised land."  We are not 100% qualified to shoot rifles.  Now we have to get people back out on the gun range to shoot.  Easier said than done.  Hopefully they will be qualified by Monday.  Should be a few days after that and we can go.
   Still no word on what we will do up there though.  I keep volunteering to come home, but no one seems to take me seriously.  Figure that.
  Did I mention the night sky out here?!  You can see every star in the sky at night.  Even the Milky Way is amazing.  But you know what? They are the same stars that we see in Texas, but I'll be darned if they aren't near as pretty as they are back home.
  Nothing else is going on.  We just sit around camp and read or watch movies on laptops.  Who knew that war could be so hard on a guy?
 It's starting to warm up.  I broke a sweat yesterday.  I've gotta make sure not to do that again.  I'll walk slower from now on.  Ooh-rah?
    Anyway, keep praying for us and I'll keep praying for you.
                 In Christ
                     Jon

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I wanna see those stars sometime. I bet it's incredible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you're so far from any city or town, the absolute only lights are God made...you can see stars from horizon to horizon!

      Delete
  2. sounds like there was a lot of waiting around...

    ReplyDelete