Thursday, January 12, 2012

Life in the Sandbox 17 Feb 2004

Hey all my peeps,
   It's official, there are two flowers and one butterfly in Kuwait.  They are both outside of my tent.  I saw the flowers the other day.  They looked kinda like bluebonnets.  They also looked kinda out of place, so I smashed them.  The next day, I was walking to the bathroom and a butterfly flew past me.  He was so pretty! But he too looked strangely out of place...so I smashed him.
  Not a lot going on in the desert.  We had a good sandstorm on Sunday.  What a fine welcome to all my shipmates that arrived that day.  Welcome to the Sandbox!  All of our guys are doing good.  Morale is there.  Not really bad, not really good.  Training started today.  Of course I wasn't there for it.  I'm always running around doing supply stuff.  Drove to another camp in a Humvee to get some armor plates for bullet proof vests.
  Some of our guys are leaving soon to go to our final destination.  Pray for them.
Not much else going on.  We have an army chaplain going up with us.  He is from Arlington!  He's a teacher at the Assemblies of God University in Waxahachie .  Is that how you spell it?
    Keep praying for us.
     In Christ
        Jon

1 comment: